Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Metiers d'Art show: Chanel Pre-Fall 2012 and Karl Lagerfeld

Karl Lagerfeld appeared to spare no expense for the latest Chanel extravaganza, at the Galerie Courbe in the Grand Palais in Paris.
The Metiers d'Art show, launched in 2003 as a homage to the label's workshop, saw the Grand Palais in Paris transformed into an Indian-themed dinner party today, where they were served champagne, guava juice, tea, and miniature cakes and sandwiches. An antique silver train with the double-C Chanel logo ran around the central banquet table - and a feast fit for a king, lavishly romantic & always glamorous.



A model presents a creation with a Bombay-Paris theme by designer Karl Lagerfeld during the Metiers D'Art Show for Chanel fashion house in Paris December 6, 2011.


And there is no break for Karl Lagerfeld, who is so obsessed with his work, he doesn't even plan on taking time off for Christmas.
The designer told Style.com: 'Everyone I know is leaving, but I stay home because it's the only moment I can work on the Couture quietly, sketch, and take care of my books and houses - all the things I never have time to do the rest of the year.
'For me the ultimate luxury is to be alone, to have time for myself, not look at my watch, and do whatever I want, whenever I want.'

British fashion model Stella Tennant walks with designer Karl Lagerfeld during the Metiers D'Art Show for Chanel fashion house in Paris December 6, 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sopo magazine