Sunday, January 22, 2012

Coco Rocha by Chris Nicholls for Flare February 2012

Crazy for Coco – Coco Rocha brings her signature charm and energy to the February cover shoot of Flare Magazine. In front of Chris Nicholls’ lens, Coco sports a mix of ladylike and edgy looks selected by fashion editor Elizabeth Cabral. Wearing pieces from the likes of Louis Vuitton, Erdem, Miu Miu and Ashley Rowe; the Canadian beauty wows with her marvelous poses.

Coco shares her thoughts on airbrushing, body issues and the importance of social media.

On airbrushing: “I’m not against airbrushing. I believe in removing pimples and even dark circles. It’s good to still look beautiful, but I really don’t believe in cutting out my waist and enhancing my legs. That is not necessary. Take me as I am.”



On models and body issues: “When you start out at 13 years old, your body is still a young girl’s. All of a sudden it evolves and no one really explains to you that you’re supposed to get hips and boobs and a nice hourglass figure. To you, that’s just so abnormal that you think something must be wrong.”

On the importance of social media for models: “It [used to be] all about a visual and not the personality… I wanted people to know what I had to say about a subject. Or if something was being said that was inaccurate, I would at least have the chance to correct it on my blog.” (RCFA)








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sopo magazine